Saturday, February 3, 2007

My weight loss experiments...2

The serious weight control that I had to work out egged me on to visit several sites in addition to Real Age.From what I read I decided to do it in stages of 5 Kgs each. The first stage was to be achieved by diet control alone.
A staple rice eater, and rice being a carbohydrate source, the first thing I did was to reduce the quantity of rice eaten to a third of what I ate usually. That is, restricted the rice eaten to three handfuls of cooked rice per meal.My wife cooperated by not using oil in cooking.
I added salads to increase fibre in diet. At the office canteen cut vegetables were available raw, so I made this a major part of the meal. I cut out curds and other deep-fried-in-oil goodies that are thrown in on some days.
A month into this regimen and I weighed myself. I weighed 89.2 Kgs. That was a drop of 5.8 Kgs. This was noticed by our ED too.This 'achievement' was followed by a tour- the real problem- and the travel did add some weight - yeah I was up by about 1Kg.
I am still on this. Beginning, Feb 1st, 2007 I have added walking. I plan to walk to my office a distance of 3.5 KM. This I do as briskly as I can but it does take 45 mins. By end Feb I hope to lose another 5 Kgs.

1 comment:

Carry on, Jeevs said...

A stern wife who cares for your health rather than your what you like or enjoy. Quite supportive and considers your real goodwill.

Hope you are with her as long as possible. I mean, Don't lose her ...Its very hard to find such women these days.