Thursday, February 1, 2007

My Marriage Anniversary

I was in KS' office.We were planning an official trip together.The dates had to be in February.I told him that 5th and 6th I had a ceremony at home, 7th and 8th were reserved for a meeting with a customer who was going to be at our doorstep.

KS said,"We can leave on the 8th afternoon".

"What about the meeting with the customers?", asked I.

"Involve juniors, man", said he, citing examples of meetings where the main persona comes in to just start the meeting and then they are off to anywhere in the world.

I paused for a while and said,"OK I can ask M to take over and we perhaps could leave by the 8th afternoon flight, but there is just one problem, my divorce papers will be on my table the next day."

KS didn't concentrate on what I was saying. Absent-mindedly he said,"You can sign them on your return"

"KS..Did you hear what I said?"

"Yeah..what did you say?"

"I said my divorce papers would be on my table next day if I leave on the 8th Feb", I said.

"Why what is the problem?", KS rolling his innocent eyes around.

"It is my marriage anniversary,sir!", I exclaimed,"that is the surest invitation to feminine wrath, you understand..." (aside)"whatwith a fight that just concluded and is cooling off"

"Uh-Oh! I am sorry, yeah I remember you've told me about this" he said, rolling his eyes in embarrasment.

The final date for travel was fixed for 12th and 13th and the confirmations from others were obtained.

I later related this incident to my wife. We had a hearty laugh. She wanted me to relate this to some of my friends and ask for their comments.

No comments: