Monday, February 5, 2007

My weight control experiments..3

The other thing that I am avoiding on my diet is sugar. Sugar is one thing that transforms into fat. My brother V advised me to avoid coffee with milk, with or without sugar, that is the popular drink in India and an addiction in my case as he knows. It is time for me to move away from addictions or whatever, if I have to see positive results in these weight loss experiments.

So, I have stopped taking coffee on a regular basis.Even if I do take that will be at least without sugar.I have already replaced my morning cuppa with lemon tea with a little or no sugar. This must help in reducing the next 5 Kgs. This is the goal to be reached by 28th Feb 2007 i.e. to 85 Kgs.

But this also gets into trouble very often. Where coffee or tea need be taken by choice I can almost avoid. But when it is given for my 'guest appearance' I am sometimes hesitant to refuse. Now, that adds to my avoidable weight. I avoid eating the sweet at the customer lunch in my factory. But what do I do when I am offered the same at a birthday party? I was in the same predicament today, at the spread in lunch in my Dad's ceremony! Now seriously I have to decide and design some compensation techniques, to 'remove' the excess calories dumped into the body.

One question crops up in my mind again and again. How did the people half a century ago, I mean my father's generation, eat unrestricted food but lived up to 80 or more years. My grandfather for instance. He died at an age of 84 years. Only three things distinguish the likes of me from the men of old.<1>The absence 'stress' in their daily lives.<2> Food grown more organically <3> Their lives included a little more exercise due to the physical labor that was normal.

But what about my dad who died of 'stroke' after being in bed for 3.5 months! He was 79.There is my aunt of 82years from the same stock as my dad, who is obese, but she is able to move around still. Is it that our time on this planet is writ and any of these efforts to maintain our bodies is all a sham of modern medicine whose understanding of longevity is as much as that of a tribal? BTB I am averse to body-maintenance, through medicine as I have already expressed unless there is some higher purpose to living.

No comments: